Organized in 2013, the Tennessee Diversity Council (TNDC) is committed to fostering a learning environment for organizations to grow and leverage their knowledge of diversity. The TNDC is a great opportunity for professionals, students and organizations to learn diversity best practices from the top corporate leaders.
Enhance appreciation for and understanding of the value of diversity and inclusion. We will achieve success through the efforts and activities which:
- Advance corporate leadership education/awareness of the varied dimensions of diversity
- Commit leaders to discuss issues and challenge attitudes, and promote organizational changes that support diversity
- Promote outreach efforts to our youth that inspire mutual respect and understanding
We are committed to transforming our workplace communities into environments where people are valued for their uniqueness and differences, and are confident that their contributions matter.
- Promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace and community
- Develop leaders who are educated and aware of all aspects of diversity and inclusion
- Develop programs that support diversity education and awareness
- Networking and mentoring opportunities with corporate leaders and peers
- Community outreach for local high school teens and college students
- Educational and development programs sharing best practices in diversity for businesses and professionals
- Awards and recognition programs to promote diversity initiatives